Hesketh Out Marsh RSPB - 11th December 2010

The plan was to head over to HOM for an hour or so and try and get to grips with my new sigma lens. There seemed quite a mixed flock feeding next to the car park so I wanted to attempt to get some better photographs than last weeks visit. Best laid plans and all that............ The light was poor, and with the flocks keeping mainly to the bushes between me and the sun anything reasonable was a no hoper. Anyway Linnet, Reed Bunting, and a single Yellowhammer were all on show. No Brambling this week for me but numbers have been reported seen today though I did see both Peregrine and Marsh Harrier from the car park. I moved up the approach road viewing Chaffinch, more Reed Buntings, Redwing and large numbers of Fieldfare. Turning left at the farm I walked about half a mile down the track scouring the fields for something interesting a single Merlin, more Fieldfare and Linnet, 2 Magpies, a Pheasant, Skylark and 75+ Meadow Pipit were aabout all I could find.
ABOVE AND BELOW MEADOW PIPIT
BELOW FIELDFARE

No comments: