I knew I should have brought my camera! - 21st January 2011

Things have been very quiet on the birding front so far this year for me with just a trip out on New Years Day along the Ribble Estuary with Colin Bushell and friends which I didn't get around to blogging but was a great 4 hours birding and a quick trip up to Fairhaven Lake to see the Red-necked Grebe. On Friday the 21st I was working away in Southampton and had just shut the boot on the car when I heard what has become a familar call over the last few months. It didn't click at first what the call was but as I turned to look in the nearby trees I counted 12 Waxwing. Now I've wanted to see Waxwing for years and last year was the first time I managed this with the large influx in the Preston area but Southampton was the last place I suspected to see them and without even trying. The light was great and they didn't seem to be bothered by the workers that were smoking almost under the trees. My next thought was to get yet some more photographs but as the title suggests...................

No comments: