RSPB - Big Garden Birdwatch - 29th January 2011

As everyone no doubt knows this weekend is RSPBs big garden birdwatch when you report the birds seen in your garden over an hour period. I sat down after topping up the feeders and getting rid of my own and next doors cats (not literally). I don't get anything too exciting in on my feeders with only having a back yard with a few feeders on a tree and some seeded brown bread and suet scattered on top of my shed. Sightings across the hour included 1 Dunnock, 3 Goldfinch, 1 Greenfinch, 1 Robin,  2 Blue Tit, 1 Starling 5 Blackbird and 1 Song Thrush. Though I don't keep a 'back yard list' the Song Thrush was a first, feeding on the bread and suet. Anyone wanting to take part in the survey can find further details here RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch

No comments: