Condor Creek and Brockholes Wetland 9th September 2009

I popped into Conder Creek on the way home from work to see what was about. Not much around when I first arrived and the tide being high I didn’t really expect much as the mud banks were fairly covered. A quick glance along the creek brought views of Redshank, and a distant view of a flock of at least 30 Goldfinch by the boat. Not much on the pool either with 3 Little grebe, an increase of one over my last visit, a lone Cormorant and 2 Common Sandpiper. A Mediterranean Gull flew over and a quick look back on the creek before I left brought an Oystercatcher, 1 Whimbrel, 5+ Curlew, 30+ Redshank and a single Grey Heron.

A trip to Brockholes Wetland in the evening brought a sighting of the ever elusive Hobby (at least for me). It was sat on the shore of the Ribble side of the Main Pit not sure if it was feeding as just as I got my scope on it 2 Carrion Crow started to mob it and it flew off over the reed bed. Also on the main pit were several Cormorant, Teal and befor I arrived Garganey and 3 Snipe. On Pit no. 1 the usual mass of Coot and Tufted Duck.

No comments: