One of those weeks.........!

Do you ever have one of those days/weeks were you just don’t seem to see anything? Well this week was mine. It started on Tuesday when I was working in Norfolk and had time to try and view the Montagu's Harrier. I had done a little research and asked around where you could view them from and got some very good directions of an observation point where they had been seen several weeks earlier. I’d set off early and finished my work by just after nine and headed up to the spot. At first I thought I’d got the wrong place but the directions were perfect so no. Parked up and had a good look around to no avail, no other birders there either. I’m not far away on Wednesday so may give the site ago again, it will be later in the day so maybe……
Our next miss was a local Little Owl, again perfect directions (its about a mile from home), and has been seen on more than one occasion as well as photographed. We’ll try for this one again with it being so close. We did manage to see Whitethroat and Linnet as well as a reasonable population of Sand Martin. The final miss was at Blacktoft Sands and although I hadn’t expected to see Bearded Tit or Bittern it’s the third RSPB site I’ve visited and failed to see either. I did manage a new lifer though with 2 Stock Dove flying across the front of one of the hides. Other sightings included 3 Marsh Harrier, Avocet, Reed Bunting Long Tailed Tit, Sedge Warbler and Whitethroat.

No comments: