Marshside RSPB - 2nd April 2010

 I finally managed to visit Marshside RSPB today to try and see the Lesser Scaup that has been reported there over the past few weeks. I wasn't to be dissapointed as it sat on the junction pool fast asleep for at least the hour and a half that I was there.
LESSER SCAUP

It was a nice tick though i was a little disappointed that it didn't wake up during the visit. Other species noted on my visit were Chiffchaff, Wheatear, Meadowpipit, Skylark, Little Egret, Avocet and Black-tailed Godwit.
ABOVE BLACK TAILED GODWIT BELOW AVOCET
The local patch has brought up a couple of new species for the year with a Sparrowhawk and Grey Herron on the patch last night as Reece and I walked the dogs. For a full list of our years sightings click 'LOCAL PATCH' at the top of the blog.
Earlier in the week I was working at Whitstable Harbour and though I didn't have my gear with me saw quite a few nice birds. 30+ Turnstone on the side of the Harbour and then later in the day on the beach and on both occasions gave good photo opportunities though as usual I didn't have my camera. Gulls included Herring, Common and Black-headed though all in small numbers, Pied Wagtail, Chaffinch, House Sparrow could be seen around the harbour and a single Swallow flew over at lunch, my first of the year. A Great Crested Grebe was out on the sea amongst the Gulls.

No comments: